❤ Valentine’s Day 2014 Featured Post ❤
Our Heart’s At Home
Our finest suggestions follow for how to make your own bang-up Valentine’s Day evening for your special ones in your very own home sweet home! Plus, discover our picks for two “Best Romantic Wines” perfect for Valentine’s Day and beyond!
We’ve paired our favorite music, appetizer, main course, desserts and wines with some great “at-home” movie recommendations sure to melt hearts. Fun doesn’t start outside the home – it starts inside the home, with you! Let’s check out this year’s menu board:
Below are the easy-to-follow instructions for a great Valentine’s Day (click the links for the recipes):
1. Set the mood with some great music by legendary greats like Andrea Bocelli or Frank Sinatra. Need a little candlelight? This DIY project for some mercury glass candles will surely put some sparkle in their eyes.
2. Pour some red. We’re diehard fans of the two great lands of Texas and Tuscany so we’ve selected two great reds that perfectly embody the deep, bold romanticism ideally suited for Valentine’s Day: the Super Texan® from Flat Creek Estate and the Piccini Chianti DOCG from Tuscany, Italy. Both wines are tastefully affordable and available at fine wine and spirits retailers like Twin Liquors throughout the Austin area.
3. Tickle the tastebuds. For the antipasto, check out my favorite tomato bruschetta recipe which will surely impress. Take note: In the recipe I’ve included my special secret for how to serve this dish extra-special!
4. Make it movie time. Right about now it’s probably a good idea to turn down the music and pop-in a movie. The Home Style Austin team picked three movies sure to keep hearts happy – Lady and the Tramp, The Princess Bride and our personal all-time fave Under The Tuscan Sun. Why not make it a triple feature and make it a night to remember?
5. Make it red. We bring on the main course with my delicious red sauce atop spaghetti. If you’re watching Lady And The Tramp, you’re probably feeling pretty awesome right about now. Pssst! Cupid’s Secret ~ If you’re one of the first 10 Texans who promise to send me a pic of your own Valentine’s Day meal, I’ll send you a heart-shaped cookie cutter used to make my spaghetti dish and our rice krispies treats! Pinky swear. Here’s how.
6. Score sugar points! Perform the evening’s perfect touch with some super easy-to-make sweets including Valentine’s Day Rice Krispies Treats or our signature Cupid Cups. Treats made from the heart? Pure gold!
Until the big day, keep your heart in check – visit our Pinterest “Holidazed” pinboard with some Valentine’s Day inspiration for you and yours … we’re adding new pins until the big day!
“Home” truly can be found wherever we hang our hearts and we hope these tips make your Valentine’s Day 2014 the very best ever!
Happiest Valentine’s Day from your friends at Home Style Austin,
~ Joe Paul Reider
Home Style Austin Founder
Keller Williams Realty, Inc.