A Sweet ‘n Scary Treat
This week fall blew into Austin with temperatures in the 90s falling to the jaw-dropping 40s in mere minutes! With the temperature shifts there’s no doubting Halloween is officially in full gear – our favorite time of the year! There’s no better way to enjoy the sweet days of fall than with a slice of this wickedly tasty Halloween treat!
❤ If using white chocolate try incorporating orange candy melts to create your own culinary masterpiece. Here’s a fun video on how you can make your own special chocolate swirls!
❤ The suggested ingredients (below) are super flexible. Use as many or as little as you prefer. Just ensure you have more chocolate than treats to ensure a good Boo Bark bond.
Time To Prepare:
About 2 hours (includes time for the Boo Bark to rest in and out of the fridge).
16-24 Ounces | Chocolate
Assorted Candies To Your Liking Including:
Candy Eye Balls (the eyes make the Boo Bark come to life!)
M&Ms (you can create your own design here!)
Halloween Themed Sprinkles
Halloween Oreos, Sliced
Snickers Candy Bars, Sliced
Take 5 Candy Bars, Sliced
What To Do:
1. Line a 9″ x 13″ baking pan with parchment paper. Make sure to include extra paper on the sides so that the chocolate doesn’t touch the pan.
2. Gather and prepare your ingredients.
3. If using Oreo cookies, scatter a few in the prepared pan.
4. Melt your chocolate. Place your chocolate into a microwave-safe measuring cup or bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring often. Be careful not to overcook/burn the chocolate. Once it’s smooth enough to pour it’s ready!
5. Pour the chocolate into the prepared pan, working from the center outward. The Boo Bark edges do not need to be uniform.
6. Top the Boo Bark with your chosen candy decorations. Lightly press any larger pieces to ensure they bond with the chocolate.
7. Place your Boo Bark in the fridge for about an hour to set/harden. Remove from the fridge and let rest for about 30 minutes. Break the bark into bite-sized pieces with a knife and enjoy!
Check out some of the other Halloween-inspired ideas here at the Home Style Austin blog or on our hand-curated Halloween Pinterest Board!
~ Joe Paul Reider
Home Style Austin Founder
Keller Williams Realty