The Austin Board of Realtors® (ABoR) has posted the February market statistics for the Central Texas area. Included below are highlights for Austin-Round Rock MSA, and Williamson County.
Despite the looming arrival of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) to Texas in late February, the month still concluded with strong results.
- With interest rates on the decline – even into March – the Austin-Round Rock MSA saw showed a 6.8% increase in residential home sales and a 12.8% increase in median sales price to $327,140.
- In Williamson County home sales increased 4.7% and the median price for residential homes increased by 6.8% to $293,600.
Just like local service and retail business, the real estate market has pivoted during this momental time.
My Keller Williams Cedar Park Market Center went 100% virtual in early March. While many Realtors® like myself work remotely, adjustments to the service we provide can include:
- Many title companies have modified their closing procedures to be mindful of CDC and WHO guidelines.
- ABoR discourages Realtors® from hosting Open Houses and the Open House field online has been turned off (you shouldn’t find Open Houses listed).
- We lean on technology to help connect home buyers and sellers. Expanded visual libraries, interactive floor plans and virtual tours will help give buyers greater insight.
- For fellow Realtors, ABoR offices, events, and classes are closed through April 30, 2020. Some Realtor® classes have gone virtual.
If you’re considering buying or selling, the short answer is yes! Austin’s economy and housing market could be well positioned to minimize the potentially negative impact of COVID-19, Mark Sprague, state director of information capital for Independence Title, said. Contact me and lets address any concerns and how we can keep your goals and current market conditions working together!
While it’s been challenging not being as socially mobile as I’m used to, staying at home has reminded me of the special things. *Even more* home cooked meals, more time with the family, less time on the road and an appreciation for my friends, family, and neighbors who have been showering me with funny memes, idea-sharing to keep the neighborhood kids still exploring and the arrival of spring here in Central Texas.
Stay happy and healthy!
~ Joe Paul Reider
Home Style Austin Founder
Keller Williams Realty, Inc.
Free Real Estate App:
If you’re home hunting, download my free and powerful Keller Williams real estate app – it’s chock-full of features!
to 87778 to download
- Or visit this link with more details and to download http://bit.ly/kw-mobile-app
All property information in this post is deemed reliable but it is not guaranteed. I can help you validate any concerns or discrepancies!