An Easy Pack Pleaser
This is a treat recipe that my Doggies have enjoyed for many birthdays. So this month when my SuperLabby Harley turned 11, we knew exactly what to do!
This “mini muffins” recipe is surprisingly easy to make and we hope your pack digs it as much as ours.
Always check with your Vet about which foods are appropriate for you to share with your pet. Enjoy!
1 Cup | All-Purpose Flour
1 Cup | Whole Wheat Flour
1 Tablespoon | Baking Powder
1 Cup | Cheddar Cheese, Grated
1 Cup | Carrot, Grated
2 | Cage Free Eggs
1 Cup | Milk
¼ Cup | Vegetable Oil
What To Do:
1. Grease a mini muffin tin with baking spray.
2. Combine the two flours and baking powder; mix well.
3. Add the cheese and carrots and mix well with opposable thumbs and the rest of your fingers.
4. In a separate bowl beat the eggs and whisk in the milk and oil. Pour the batter over the dry mixture and stir gently by hand or with a wooden spoon until everything is mingling well.
5. About this time preheat your oven to 350°F. While it’s preheating…
6. …Fill the mini cups to just underneath the top of the pan. Bake 20-25 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
7. Cool and serve. You just became your pup’s superhero! Again, and again!
Yields about 24 tail-waggin’ treats.
~ Joe Paul Reider
Home Style Austin Founder
Keller Williams Realty, Inc.