My Favorite Cookie
❤ At an early age I quickly learned that here in Texas that “nuts” is an abbreviation for “Texas Pecans.”
❤ If you like chewy cookies like I do make sure and don’t bake these too long!
1 Cup | Crisco
1 Teaspoon | Vanilla
1 Cup | Sugar
½ Cup | Brown Sugar (firmly packed)
2 | Cage Free Eggs
1 Teaspoon | Baking Soda
3 Teaspoons | Baking Powder
1 ¾ Cups | Flour
1 Cup | Oatmeal
1 Cup | Nuts (a.k.a. Texas Pecans)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. That was easy!
2. Combine shortening, vanilla and sugars and cream well. Add well-beaten eggs and blend thoroughly.
3. Sift soda and baking powder with flour and add to the creamed mixture.
4. Add oatmeal and nuts and blend.
5. Drop on cookie sheet with a cookie scoop or teaspoon.
6. Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest on a cooling rack.
~ Joe Paul Reider
Home Style Austin Founder
Keller Williams Realty, Inc.
❤ Love Food? In a click and a scroll you can visit more of my favorite recipes!