Perfect For Breakfast Gatherings
True Texans will go nuts for this sugary-simple recipe. Literally!
We took the time honored monkey bread recipe and cranked it up a bit Texas style with nuts (an abbreviation for Texas pecans) and Texas-made Falfurrias brand butter.
❤ If you want to extend beyond the flavor border of pecan and craisin try experimenting with other combinations of your own like banana and caramel or walnut and raisin. You can also try a savory spin by skipping the sugar coating, rolling the biscuits in butter or olive oil then sprinkling them with bacon and cheese or your favorite herb.
We like this pecan-craisin version best to let’s get started!
1/2 Cup | Granulated Sugar
2 Teaspoons | Cinnamon
2 Cans (16.3 ounces each) | Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits
1/2 Cup | Pecans, Chopped
1/2 Cup | Craisins
3/4 Cup | Falfurrias Brand Butter, Melted
1 Cup | Brown Sugar, Firmly Packed
0. Heat oven to 350°F.
1. Lightly grease a 12-cup fluted tube pan (Bundt pan) with cooking spray or shortening.
2. In a large Ziploc storage bag mix the granulated sugar and the cinnamon and shake well to mix. Set aside.
3. Open the first can of Grands. Separate the dough into its 8 pieces and cut each piece into quarters. Place the quartered pieces into the bag of sugar, zip/close the bag and shake well to evenly coat the biscuit pieces. Open the bag and transfer the coated biscuit pieces into the pan. Top with half of the pecans and craisins.
4. Repeat step 3 with the second can of biscuits and finish off with a layer of the remaining nuts and craisins.
5. In a small bowl mix together the melted butter and the brown sugar and pour the mixture over the biscuit pieces.
6. Bake about 30 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and an inserted knife comes out clean. Let the bread rest in a pan about 10 minutes then turn it over upside down onto a serving plate to let all the sugary greatness cascade over the bread. Pull apart to serve.
Best served warm!
~ Joe Paul Reider
Home Style Austin Founder
Keller Williams Realty, Inc.
❤ Love Food? In a click and a scroll you can visit more of my favorite recipes!