For The Sweet n’ Salty Leprechaun In You
This is one of our team’s most favorite snack *AND* our favorite St. Patrick’s Day recipe!
Each pot o’ gold brings your lucky tastebuds a sweet and salty taste in a super-addictive way. Serve the mix up in little hats or your own St. Paddy’s Day inspired gear. Lucky you!
- Honey roasted cashews? Our absolute favorite nut!
- We have it on good word that Falfurrias brand butter is the best in these here parts of the galaxy.
- We’re sorry you have to hand-pick the green M&Ms. If you’re a wee-bit tired, order them en masse here on Amazon.
4 Cups | Lucky Charms Cereal
2 Cups | Corn Chex Cereal
1 ½ Cups | Mini Pretzel Twists
1 Cup | Honey Roasted Cashews
1 Cup | Dry Roasted Peanuts
½ Cup | Brown Sugar, Packed Well
¼ Cup | Falfurrias Brand Butter
2 Tablespoons | Corn Syrup
⅛ Teaspoon | Baking Soda
¼ Cup | Green M&M’s Candies (the chosen ones)
What To Do:
1. In a large microwaveable bowl mix together the first 5 ingredients then set the cereal mixture aside.
2. In a 2-cup microwave-friendly measuring cup, heat the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup about 2 minutes on high, stirring after 1 minute, then returning to microwave until melted and smooth.
3. Stir in baking soda into the heated brown sugar mixture until dissolved. Pour over the cereal mixture and stir until well coated.
4. Microwave the whole “she-bang” 1-2 minutes, scraping the bowl every 30 seconds, until cereal begins to brown. Let cool 5 minutes.
5. Stir in the M&M candies. Spread mixture on wax paper to cool.
6. Break the mix into bite-sized pieces and place into wee widdle individually-sized serving cups!
~ Joe Paul Reider
Home Style Austin Founder
Keller Williams Realty, Inc.
Really, Really Love St. Patrick’s Day? Check out our “Holidazed” Pinterest Board for some SPD inspiration that will have you seeing the green!