Let’s Go Bananas!
This recipe comes to me from Patrick, who handles marketing here at Home Style Austin. He promised it was one of his family’s tasty time-honored recipes.
He was right! This bread makes for a great morning meal, a side or dessert. Best make two loaves – one for home and one for the office or for a gift. You just scored friends for life.
1½ Cup | Sugar
½ Cup | Falfurrias Brand Butter
2 | Cage Free Eggs, Beaten Well
3 | Bananas, Mashed Well
½ Cup | Nuts, Finely Ground (I like pecans)
½ Teaspoon | Baking Soda
4 Tablespoons | Buttermilk
1½ Cups | Flour
1 Teaspoon | Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon | Vanilla
What To Do:
0. Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients.
2. Dissolve the soda in the buttermilk; add to the first five ingredients.
3. Mix the flour with the baking power; add to the ingredients along with vanilla and mix well.
4. Grease the bottom of a baking pan then line the bottom of the pan with wax paper.
5. Pour batter into baking pan and bake at 350°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
~ Joe Paul Reider
Home Style Austin Founder
Keller Williams Realty, Inc.