The Great Steak Escape
I love the taste of lemon – especially when it’s married with a nice, juicy sirloin.
This recipe holds a special place in my heart … and most importantly my belly. Give Steak Diane a try and you’ll see why!
4 | Sirloin Strip Steaks, ½” thick
To Taste | Salt
To Taste | Black Pepper, Freshly Ground
1 Teaspoon | Dry Mustard
4 Tablespoons | Falfurrias Brand Butter
3 Tablespoons | Lemon Juice
2 Teaspoons | Chives, Snipped
1 Teaspoon | Worcestershire Sauce
What To Do:
1. With a meat mallet, pound steaks to 1/3-inch thickness.
2. Sprinkle one side of each steak with salt, pepper and 1/8 teaspoon of the dry mustard; pound into meat. Repeat on the other side of the meat and continue until all steaks are done.
3. Melt the butter in a skillet or chafing dish. Add the meat and cook 2 minutes only on each side. Transfer the steaks to a hot serving plate.
4. To skillet, add the lemon juice, chives, and worcestershire sauce; bring to a boil. Pour sauce over meat.
- Don’t overcook the meat. Go with the flow and follow the directions. A pink center is a tasty center.
- Steak Diane tastes great partnered with twice-baked potatoes.
~ Joe Paul Reider
Home Style Austin Founder
Keller Williams Realty, Inc.